Office of the Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC)
HEC has started working to organize the research activities of universities/HEIs by ensuring availability of well-established and fully functional ORIC (Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization) in public/private sector Universities/DAI of the country. Therefore ORIC is established under the directives of HEC in HEIs (Higher Education Institutions).
The Center, established with technical assistance from SMEDA, will have primary focus on achieving the following objectives
- Act as a resource for regional SME support.
- Identify the problems as well as opportunities for SMEs in KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA Region through research & consultations, thus leading to economic development in the Province.
- Maximize awareness of and disseminate knowledge of Entrepreneurship, amongst the population, who has the motivation, drive and potential to organize, setup, and manage a business of their own.
- Organize different capacity building programs, short courses for SMEs of the Province, including arranging events, with the aim of promoting the SMEs of the Region.
5. Develop the Center to be the primary link between the Institute and the commercial world by introducing and promoting the EDC to SMEs, business clusters, trade bodies and other stakeholders etc.
Aims of ORIC
- To promote high quality of research which classifies BRAINS as among the best research oriented HEIs.
- To provide strategic and operational support to the BRAINS research activities/program,
- Providing support to the students and faculty in their research.
- To develop partnership with universities to form joint research ventures.
- To work out for the publication of the research work carried out in the institute.
- To promote entrepreneurship, technology-transfer and commercialization activities.
- Improve the hiring and retention of quality faculty members.
Functions of ORIC
- To work under the directions of HEC.
- Conduct two meetings a year with HEC.
- Identifying and informing the faculty about the research grants opportunities for them to apply and then assist them in acquiring funds from international and national funding agencies.
- To keep track of all the researches carried out in the university by faculty and staff and then commercialize the relevant research to reap maximum benefit for the industry and therefore translating the research into the public benefit.
- Arranging seminars and workshops for the university’s students and faculty regarding ORIC activities.
- Preparing faculty members/researchers by providing them trainings and workshops on various aspects of research activities
- Interaction with various research agencies, donor organizations etc. looking for research promotional opportunities.
- Industry linkages to transform pure knowledge into products, services and production processes for the ultimate end of community welfare
The Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) has been an integral part of Brains Institute since 2021, and its main aim is to develop, expand, enhance and manage the Brains Institute’s research programs and to link research activities directly to the educational, social and economic priorities of the Institute and its broader community.
Brains institute will soon launch it own journal in the different fields to strength up the institute in research field and provide a platform for its scholars and community.